Forgive me for I have SINNED
U.S. Mother Gives Away 5-Year-Old Adopted Child From Haiti For Throwing Temper Tantrum
"Having an instant multicultural family was magical for about two weeks,” says Stacey Conner, a 41-year-old American mom from Spokane, Washington.
After she volunteered in an orphanage in Haiti in 2005, Conner and her husband adopted a 5-year-old Haitian boy named “J.”
Conner claims the boy had attachment disorder and began a strict regimen of attachment parenting of constant surveillance in which a child must often ask for food and water. After two months, J threw a tantrum where he unintentionally hit Conner’s nose with the back of his head.
Conner says the 5-year-old’s strike was accidental, but describes it as “a domestic violence situation. Forget love. Right then, I didn’t even like J.”J was sent to live with another family in the Midwest. Conner’s biological children adjusted seamlessly to life without their adoptive brother. But other people were puzzled. Neighbors who had seen J riding his bike asked, “Where’s your son?” When Conner answered truthfully, “I’d get the most horrified stares, so I’d keep walking. And I didn’t tell many out-of-town friends or extended family for months.”Despite such events, the Conners were approved by local social workers to become a foster family, and in October 2013 received a 3-month-old boy as their first placement.
white people will let their white kids karate chop them in the throat and call them names in public, but a black child becomes naturally upset after you treat the kid like a grown criminal/animal and you just give them away. go it. sounds reasonable.
"i’d get the most horrified stares"
This is why we don’t trust y’all white savior “oh check out this profile pic of me and these smiling poor brown children. You can tell I really made a difference” asses
The fact that for the most part these people are allowed to do shit like this with no legal punishment or recourse on behalf of the children being abused is mind boggling.
She literally treated that child like a dog.
Actually no, she’d probably treat a dog better.
Accidents like that happen all the time with children, and her first instinct is to stop loving the child and give it away?
I hope that beautiful boy is okay, and with a family that treats him like gold.
Welcome to the adoption industry where they give zero fucks about the well being of the child.
Reporters confirm that police & advisors concealed the identity of Darren Wilson until he could delete all social media & move out of state.
Wow though. Darren Wilson, Ferguson’s PD and the rest of his and their supporters are an extra special breed of scumbag. What incriminating shit did he have online that needed to be swept under the rug so quickly?
I guarantee you there was some racist shit on his facebook
when your best friend starts talking about his new empire
when your best friend betrays the jedi order
Oda made sketches of the exterior design of all the characters (after time script)
Robin would look like this.)
the blind bandit.
Here, have Fluttershy dance across your dash.
feeling your computer getting slower though the years is one of the most heartbreaking things ever
And I’m still here…
Cbase, a Berlin hackerspace
oh my god this is like somebody brought some 90s cyberpunk concept art to life and i love it
i’m making homemade chicken soup and the broth and veggies taste so good already, but it’s only been simmering for an hour… it’s not for eating until aaron comes home in about six more hours.
but i bet it’ll taste amazing after simmering all afternoon
Essential Productivity Apps for any student:
- Caffeine- Prevents your screen from going into sleep mode. Great if you’re writing notes on an article and the screen keeps dimming, whilst you hope that if you stare long enough, the phrase “homologous ways to a view of hegemony” will start to make sense.
- Flux- If you find that you can’t sleep for ages after studying late at night, then this app is a total game changer. It basically turns the light on the screen red, because science people say that blue light keeps you awake and red light doesn’t. (*Full Disclosure* I’m not a scientist)
- Focusbar- The annoying voice of your mother nagging you to finish your homework…in app form. You can set the annoying level (I have it set on “wildly annoying”) and a bar will appear in the corner every few seconds to remind you that you’re supposed to be doing something else besides looking at cat photos.
- Microsoft Office- self explanatory, so I’ve linked to an article about life hacks for Microsoft Office instead. Because I’m just that awesome.
- Nag- Does your 5 minute study break keep turning into an hour on Youtube? Then you need Nag in your life. It’s basically an alarm/timer. But an extremely loud and annoying alarm/timer that’s very difficult to ignore. The bells genuinely sound more judgemental the longer you ignore it.
- Self Control- Also known as Cold Turkey for Microsoft users. If you absolutely cannot be trusted with an internet connection, then you need Self Control in your life. You add a list of websites to the “blacklist”and then set how long you want the app to work for, and for that duration of time you wont be able to access those website. Seriously, not even rebooting your computer or uninstalling the app will let you access the blacklist until your time is up. Tough love at its finest.
- Zotero- The new love of my life. Zotero allows you to manage all your citations and sources in one easy place. It’s an absolute life saver- no joke. There’s an in-word add in, so it will write your bibliography and citations for you in any format you want. There’s a chrome/firefox add in and a mobile app, so you don’t even have to type the citation into Zotero. Just press the button it does all the hard work for you. It even updates itself online, so you can still access your bibliography if your computer crashes. I <3 Zotero 5eva.